Forum Rules

« Older   Newer »
CindySweetin
view post Posted on 18/7/2010, 18:29

I would like every member to read the forum rules before joining in the conversation. They are simple but obligatory for our forum.

- Speak in English. I understand that there are a lot of members from all over the world (including me) but please try to speak as good as you can. Any mistakes are of course acceptable (my English isn't perfect either) ;)

- Treat the fellow members with respect. We come from different parts of the world, speak different languages, live in different cultures, believe in different things.... but everybody deserves respect. I'm sure that Beatles fans know that :)

-DO NOT REPOST PHOTOS without asking for permission either on the thread itself or through personal messages.

- Do not use abusive language

- All the opinions either negative or positive are welcome but make sure to express them respectfully.

And the most important rule that should't ever be broken- We are all here for our love for the Beatles, to meet new people and to have fun! :D I really want this forum to be a friendly place.

HeyJude
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 20:09

Some New Rules as of January 23, 2011:

1. The maximum image size for avatars 150x150 pixels. If the avatar is bigger than that, the forum will automatically resize it for you anyway, so you probably won't have to worry about it that much. The maximum file size for avatars uploaded straight to the forum is 20KB, which isn't a lot. But, there is no limit to avatars linked from an outside source. So, it is suggested that you upload your selected avatar to an image hoster first, and then link it to Come Together. (See list of image hosters below.)

2. The maximum size for signature images is 500x140 pixels. Signatures with images cannot contain more than 3 lines of writing, including spacing, on default font size. Signatures without images cannot have more to 15 lines of writing, including spacing, on default font size. Basically, if a scrollbar is needed to view your complete signature, your signature is too big and you must resize it.

3. In order to post videos from youtube, copy and paste the embed code for the video from youtube into your post. Please, only embed videos from youtube, and only post one youtube videos per post. Posting more than this could slow down the page, and, remember, not all member of the forum have a fast connection.

4. DO NOT REPOST ANYTHING! Especially pictures. Reposts take up unnecessary space and slow down the page. The only time reposts are acceptable is when the reposted picture or video or whatever is of better quality than the one already posted. To help cut back on reposts, please credit the sources for everything you post and try to give as much information about whatever it is you're posting, as possible, especially when posting images. Also, before posting anything, try using the search tool located at the bottom of each forum to make sure whatever it is you're posting has not already been posted.

5. DO NOT HOTLINK IMAGES! Hotlinking is a difficult concept to understand, especially for the non-technologically-advanced, but, long-story-short, hotlinking is bandwidth theft. So, how do you know when you're hotlinking and when you're not? If you save an image to your computer, upload it to an image hoster, and then link it to Come Together, it is not hotlinking Here are some free image hosters you can use (PM me if I missed any so I can add it to the list):
- ImageShack
- ImageVenue
- ImageTitan
- PostImage.Org
- Photobucket
- ImageUpper
The forum also comes with it's own image hoster, however, I don't recommend using that if you are posting a large batch of images, really big images, or images with large files sizes. Basically, a good way to know if you're not hotlinking is if post images to the forum using the image hosters posted above.

Note: Clicking on thumbnailed images from certain image hosters could lead to inappropriate websites that are NSFW and not safe for younger member! Be very careful! You have been warned!

7. Images larger than 600 pixels in width must be textlinked or thumbnailed to the forum. Directly posting images any wider than that will stretch the page and slow down the pages loading. It probably best to just thumbnail images as much as possible, for it keeps the forum working efficiently.

Please follow all these rules to the best of your ability. Failure to follow these rules will result in consequences. Thank you, enjoy the forum and have fun!

Sincerely, the administration. ^_^

1 replies since 18/7/2010, 18:29   102 views